Sunday we had another late start, heading out after a late morning breakfast to visit my great aunt Sr Agnes (the first in ten children in my grandmother's family; Tante Nagibe [and my grandmother, Marie]'s older sister), who is also a nun (though in the Maronite Church). She lives in a convent about 20 minutes away in an unknown town, and I joined Chantal for her weekly visit.
I don't think she had warning that I was coming with Chantal, so it was a big surprise for her to see me walk through the door. I don't know when was the last time I saw her, but I'm sure I was something of a small child. She was doing pretty well, relatively speaking, though she is blind in one eye and cannot walk due to bad knees, she is full of good spirits. We found her watching television in her room, and she and I talked while Chantal fell asleep on her bed. Our conversation was limited--though I tried to ask her a few questions about her family, she did not understand me, so instead we sat and watched the Christian TV channel.
We stayed for a few hours, then returned home. My aunt Nagibe had not left her bed all day because she was not feeling well (she suffers from arrhythmia as well as various other pains) and Chantal quickly fell asleep again. I ate dinner alone for the first time since arriving and it was a quiet evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment